The benchmark in smoothness, precision and
pure power, Shimano designed the Calcutta Conquest to be the pinnacle in performance. While the Calcutta Conquest 100 and 200 may look like classics, these iconic reels incorporate many of Shimano's flagship technologies for those anglers demanding the best. The Calcutta Conquest features Infinity Drive — a first for Shimano to include this technology in a bass reel — to provide anglers with increased winding power under load. Simply put, the compact 100-size defies resistance and heavy loads with ease for extreme angler benefit. The MGL Spool III
increases an angler’s arsenal of techniques,
allowing for casting of an even greater
variety of lures while also providing
greater casting distance and precision with
even less effort. Additional premium features include SilentTune and MicroModule Gears, paired together to create an experience of absolute precision with every handle turn. Built for anglers who prefer a classic look while demanding the pinnacle in performance, the Calcutta Conquest sets a new precedence.
- Cross Carbon Drag: This drag material provides a wider range of drag settings, along with the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever.
- Exciting Drag Sound: A technology which enables a drag sound on a baitcasting reel, without using a rattle/clicker function. Making it easy to judge whether a fish is pulling drag and giving an advantage to the angler.
- Hagane Body: The HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body stiffness and impact resistance virtually eliminates body flexing. The result transforms the angler's actions directly into cranking power. It's efficiency through strength.
- Infinity Drive: The new main shaft supporting structure improves winding torque by 26% while allowing incredibly smooth and light rotation.
- MGL III Spool: The MGL III Spool is an ultra-thin spool that thoroughly pursues low inertia. The spool has a reduction in inertia by about 15% compared to the second-generation MGL Spool by using a narrow shape with a width of 19 mm for the outer diameter of 34 mm. Resulting in unparalleled casting performance.
- MicroModule Gear: The MicroModule Gear system creates a smooth retrieve. The new gear set makes use of smaller teeth and more of them. This means that there are more contact points between the drive gear and pinion gear. The result is a more efficient gear train with less gear feel.
- S-Compact Body: S-Compact Body allows for all-day comfort and improved fishability by making the palming side plate up to 25% smaller than A side plate.
- S3D Spool: S3D technology leads to significantly reduced spool vibration. By designing a balanced and uniform thin wall aluminum constructed spool, S3D creates an incredibly smooth feeling when casting and retrieving lures.
- SVS Infinity: Shimano's newest innovation in brake system technology, SVS Infinity provides easy-to-manage, consistent spool control and brake force. With brake weights that use inner friction against the raceway during the cast, SVS Infinity controls spool speed for precision casting especially when using lighter lures. The external adjustment knob provides for quick, precise adjustments for either the conditions or when you switch baits.
- S A-RB: These bearings have been through the same process as our A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.
- Silent Tune: By applying a slight pressure to the bearing holding the spool, it reduces the vibration of the bearing during high speed rotation. This realizes further quietness improvement during casting. Rise of spool rotation has become even smoother.
- Super Free Spool: Super Free Spool was designed to eliminate friction on the spool shaft during the cast. In standard baitcasting reels, when the clutch bar is pressed down, the pinion gear is freed and actually can drag on the spool shaft creating friction that can limit the length of a cast. With Super Free Spool the pinion gear is supported by a ball bearing so that when the clutch is disengaged in preparation for a cast, the pinion gear and spool shaft are kept in perfect alignment. The result is zero friction upon the spool shaft.