The lightweight Torium is a solidly-built star-drag saltwater reel perfect for live bait or bottom-fishing applications. Torium's lineup of versatile sizes allows anglers to find a model to fit into nearly every saltwater market: the 20HG is ideal for throwing surface irons in California, the 40PG for bottom fishing for grouper and snapper, or the 50HG for targeting Ulua from the rocks in Hawaii. The Torium incorporates a HAGANE Body with high rigidity, eliminating flex while increasing overall efficiency and cranking power. Torium features Shimano's S-Compact Body: the B-side plate is much smaller and more manageable for anglers to palm the reel so that they can control the fish in critical situations. Packed with features like Cross Carbon Drag, S A-RB and S-Compact Body, the Torium series of reels truly has the fish-fighting features that count when it matters most.
- HAGANE Body Baitcasting: The HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body rigidity and impact resistance virtually eliminates body flexing on the reel while fighting fish. The result transforms the angler's actions directly into cranking power, increasing efficiency through strength.
- S-Compact Body: S-Compact Body allows for all-day comfort and improved fishability by making the palming side plate up to 25% smaller than the A-Side plate.
- Cross Carbon Drag Baitcasting: The Cross Carbon Drag material provides a wider range of drag settings compared to traditional drag materials. The Cross Carbon Drag provides the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever while providing anglers with increased durability.
- S A-RB Baitcasting: S A-RB bearings are put through the same process as Shimano’s A-RB bearings but feature shields on both sides of the bearings. These shields reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting rotation of the bearing.
- Super Free Spool: Super Free Spool eliminates friction on the spool shaft during the cast. Standard baitcasting reels are constructed in a way that when the clutch bar is pressed down, the pinion gear is freed and can actually drag on the spool shaft. This creates friction that can limit the length of a cast. But baitcasting reels with Super Free Spool are constructed so that the pinion gear is supported by a ball bearing. When the clutch is disengaged in preparation for a cast, the pinion gear and spool shaft are kept in perfect alignment. The result: zero friction is placed upon the spool shaft and enhances casting performance.