Designed with Texas and Gulf Coast wading anglers in mind, the Tranx 150 expands the Tranx family of low-profile reels with a versatile offering perfect for lighter inshore presentations. A saltwater workhorse, the Tranx 150 employs a HAGANE Body for added durability while enhancing the overall smoothness by housing the internal components within a metal body that resists flexing during tough battles. The smallest offering in the Tranx lineup, the Tranx 150 delivers the palmability of its freshwater counterparts but offers anglers enhanced durability in saltwater environments with CoreProtect technology. A protective coating applied to critical areas, CoreProtect ensures water beads up and rolls off the reel to reduce water intrusion for added durability when chasing inshore game fish. With an inherent desire to be a glutton for punishment, the Tranx 150 boasts enhanced stopping power by utilizing Shimano's Cross Carbon Drag material to deliver smooth and dependable drag performance across the drag range. Design and technology combine to create the ideal low-profile reel for inshore applications. Demand more with Tranx 150.
- CI4+: CI4 is a Shimano original material reinforced with carbon fiber that is lighter and has a higher strength than conventional resin material. CI4+ is an advanced version of the original CI4 material and is 2.5x more rigid than its predecessor. While improving lightness and rigidity, reel bodies and rotors built with CI4+ are further reduced in size and weight.
- CoreProtect: Total Protection, the concept of CoreProtect is simple: to provide water resistance without creating a heavy rotational feeling. There are three key areas of the reel that require protection: the roller clutch, the body and the line roller.
- Cross Carbon Drag: The Cross Carbon Drag material provides a wider range of drag settings compared to traditional drag materials. The Cross Carbon Drag provides the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever while providing anglers with increased durability.
- HAGANE Body: The HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body rigidity and impact resistance virtually eliminates body flexing on the reel while fighting fish. The result transforms the angler's actions directly into cranking power, increasing efficiency through strength.
- S3D Spool: S3D technology leads to significantly reduced spool vibration. By designing and constructing a balanced and uniform thin-wall aluminum spool, S3D creates an incredibly smooth feeling when casting and retrieving lures.
- SVS Infinity: Shimano's newest innovation in brake system technology, SVS Infinity, provides easy-to-manage, consistent spool control and brake force. With brake weights that use inner friction against the raceway during the cast, SVS Infinity controls spool speed for precision casting, especially when using lighter lures. The external adjustment knob provides for quick, precise adjustments when anglers need to adjust to the conditions or when they switch baits.
- S A-RB: S A-RB bearings are put through the same process as Shimano’s A-RB bearings but feature shields on both sides of the bearings. These shields reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting rotation of the bearing.
- Super Free Spool: Super Free Spool eliminates friction on the spool shaft during the cast. Standard baitcasting reels are constructed in a way that when the clutch bar is pressed down, the pinion gear is freed and can actually drag on the spool shaft. This creates friction that can limit the length of a cast. But baitcasting reels with Super Free Spool are constructed so that the pinion gear is supported by a ball bearing. When the clutch is disengaged in preparation for a cast, the pinion gear and spool shaft are kept in perfect alignment. The result: zero friction is placed upon the spool shaft and enhances casting performance.