The next generation of Shimano's flagship baitcasting series is here. 2019 Antares combines unrivaled casting performance with an elegant and sophisticated design. Featuring their new MGL III spool, Antares' spool inertia has been reduced by 17% for effortless, accurate casting of both lightweight and heavy lures. Additionally, S3D spool and SilentTune minimize bearing vibration for smoother and quieter casts. Antares' magnesium Hagane body provides a lightweight rigidity unmatched in its class. X-ship and Micromodule gearing offer silky smooth rotation while SVS infinity braking allows for precision adjustments on the fly.
The previous 2012 ANTARES was acknowledged for its casting distance. The 2019 ANTARES is engineered to achieve both casting performance and casting versatility.
- Silent Tune: By applying a slight pressure to the bearing holding the spool, it reduces the vibration of the bearing during high speed rotation. This realizes further quietness improvement during casting. Rise of spool rotation has become even smoother.
- SVS Infinity: Shimano's newest innovation in brake system technology, SVS Infinity provides easy-to-manage, consistent spool control and brake force. With brake weights that use inner friction against the raceway during the cast, SVS Infinity controls spool speed for precision casting especially when using lighter lures. The external adjustment knob provides for quick, precise adjustments for either the conditions or when you switch baits.
- Micro Module Gear: The Micro Module Gear System creates a smooth retrieve. The new gear set makes use of smaller teeth and more of them. This means that there are more contact points between the drive gear and pinion gear. The result is a more efficient gear train with less gear feel.
- X-Ship: X-Ship provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures, and allow for longer casts.
- Hagane Body: The HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body stiffness and impact resistance virtually eliminates body flexing. The result transforms the angler's actions directly into cranking power. It's efficiency through strength.
- Freshwater Only