The new Nasci series of spinning reels
answers the call for anglers demanding
smoothness and durability in multiple
fishing applications. Suitable in both
freshwater and inshore saltwater
environments, Nasci spinning reels feature
CoreProtect to increase durability and water
resistance without creating an additional
heavy rotational feeling. The Shimano cold-
forged HAGANE Gear technology provides
unparalleled gear durability compared to
reels with diecast or machined gear
construction. SilentDrive — the same
technology found in Shimano's flagship
lineup of reels — increases gear tolerances
to a micron level to reduce unnecessary
noise and vibration for increased reeling
performance. Engineered to perform with
Shimano quality and attention to detail, the
newly redesigned series of Nasci spinning
reels will perform when needed most.
- CoreProtect: Total Protection, the concept of CoreProtect is simple: to provide water resistance without creating a heavy rotational feeling. There are three key areas of the reel that require protection: the roller clutch, the body and the line roller.
- Cross Carbon Drag: The Cross Carbon Drag material provides a wider range of drag settings compared to traditional drag materials. The Cross Carbon Drag provides the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever while providing anglers with increased durability.
- G-Free Body: G-Free Body technology has been developed to shift the reel's center of gravity closer to the rod. By moving the center of gravity closer to the angler’s hand, the G-Free Body helps to reduce fatigue and enhance casting comfort.
- HAGANE Gear: With amazing strength and durability, the HAGANE Gear is at the very heart of most Shimano reels. Shimano, through the application of state-of-the-art technologies, gives anglers the long-lasting smoothness and pleasure that is felt when anglers first use a reel, over and over again. No cutting work is applied to the teeth of the drive gear during fabrication, instead the entire surface is calculated in minute detail by special 3D-design and then formed by Shimano's cold-forging technology. The result is assured resilience. HAGANE Gear is the fruit of Shimano's inexhaustible pursuit for durability — the strength and power of forged metal continues to represent the fundamental concept of Shimano reels.
- Propulsion Line Management System: The most obvious component of the Propulsion Line Management System is the new Propulsion Spool Lip design. Through tens of thousands of casting tests and computer simulations, Shimano’s new spool lip design provides longer casting distances than a standard spool lip design while also preventing backlashes and wind knots from forming.
- SilentDrive: SilentDrive technology benefits from a total redesign of all functional parts focused on the drive gear, worm shaft and other parts. The goal: remove unnecessary noise and vibration. In doing so, the overall tolerances are improved to a micron level, ultimately creating an overall quieter and smoother reel operation.
- Water Resistant Drag: With the use of rubber gaskets the drag is sealed against intrusion of the elements such as water and dust.
- X-Ship: X-Ship provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This allows the gears to stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit of X-Ship technology is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This further benefits anglers with enhanced casting performance and casting distance of lighter lures.