Continuing to add to the tournament-tested
and dependable Curado lineup of low-profile
reels, the Curado MGL 150 offers
unparalleled versatility in the lightest
weight Curado to date. The perfect
combination of 150-size spool combined with
a MagnumLite (MGL) Spool, Shimano engineered
the Curado MGL 150 for anglers to fish
different techniques with various lure types
and sizes with ease — and with greater
casting distance and accuracy. Shimano
engineers built the Curado MGL 150 to handle
giants with a rigid aluminum HAGANE Body and
durable Cross Carbon Drag. Precision gearing
lies nestled at the heart of the Curado MGL
150 with Shimano reel technologies such as
X-Ship, MicroModule Gearing and SilentTune
to create an unmatched reeling experience.
Tournament-ready yet smooth and efficient,
the Curado MGL 150 is the perfect addition
to an angler's arsenal whether they are on
the tournament trail or chasing their next
- CI4+: CI4 is a Shimano original material reinforced with carbon fiber that is lighter and has a higher strength than conventional resin material. CI4+ is an advanced version of the original CI4 material and is 2.5x more rigid than its predecessor. While improving lightness and rigidity, reel bodies and rotors built with CI4+ are further reduced in size and weight.
- Cross Carbon Drag: The Cross Carbon Drag material provides a wider range of drag settings compared to traditional drag materials. The Cross Carbon Drag provides the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever while providing anglers with increased durability.
- HAGANE Body: The HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body rigidity and impact resistance virtually eliminates body flexing on the reel while fighting fish. The result transforms the angler's actions directly into cranking power, increasing efficiency through strength.
- MGL Spool: The lightweight MagnumLite (MGL) Spool design significantly reduces the moment of inertia at the beginning of a cast by roughly 10%. This allows anglers to experience greater casting distance by up to 20% as well as increased accuracy with a wider variety of lures.
- MicroModule Gear: The MicroModule Gear system creates a smooth retrieve by utilizing smaller teeth to increase the number of contact points between the drive gear and pinion gear. Ultimately, this produces a more efficient gear train with less of a gear feel.
- S3D Spool: S3D technology leads to significantly reduced spool vibration. By designing and constructing a balanced and uniform thin-wall aluminum spool, S3D creates an incredibly smooth feeling when casting and retrieving lures.
- SVS Infinity: Shimano's newest innovation in brake system technology, SVS Infinity, provides easy-to-manage, consistent spool control and brake force. With brake weights that use inner friction against the raceway during the cast, SVS Infinity controls spool speed for precision casting, especially when using lighter lures. The external adjustment knob provides for quick, precise adjustments when anglers need to adjust to the conditions or when they switch baits.
- S A-RB: S A-RB bearings are put through the same process as Shimano’s A-RB bearings but feature shields on both sides of the bearings. These shields reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting rotation of the bearing.
- SilentTune: By applying slight pressure to the bearing holding the spool, SilentTune reduces the vibration of the bearing during high-speed rotation. This improves the quietness while casting and the rise of the spool rotation becomes even smoother.
- Super Free Spool: Super Free Spool eliminates friction on the spool shaft during the cast. Standard baitcasting reels are constructed in a way that when the clutch bar is pressed down, the pinion gear is freed and can actually drag on the spool shaft. This creates friction that can limit the length of a cast. But baitcasting reels with Super Free Spool are constructed so that the pinion gear is supported by a ball bearing. When the clutch is disengaged in preparation for a cast, the pinion gear and spool shaft are kept in perfect alignment. The result: zero friction is placed upon the spool shaft and enhances casting performance.
- X-Ship: X-Ship provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This allows the gears to stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit of X-Ship technology is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This further benefits anglers with enhanced casting performance and casting distance of lighter lures.