|Bob Sylvia | Posted: December 7, 2001
I think Mansfield Hollow is a great lake. I am a BASS fisherman, however, many dislike this lake because there are a lot of pickeral and Northern Pike in this lake. I have fished this lake several times and have enjoyed myself on all ocassions. It is very quiet and peaceful lake. There are a few hot spots that I have experienced.
1. In the upper portion of the lake, fish the shoreline to the left of the island. Topwater-early morning, spinnerbaits and tubes after that.
2. In the lower lake - Go thru the tube and fish along that are against the tube and shoreline with wacky style senko worms.
3. Move on down the lake and fish, with a senko worms or sliggo type bait around the island.
4. Move on down towards the dam. Fish around the 2 islands with a senko worm/spinnerbait.
5. Proceed to the point and fish the drop offs with tube baits.
6. Move around the backside to the entrance stream. Fish there with senko worms, tube baits, and spinnerebaits.
7. Proceed to the dam area. Fish senko worms and tube baits, as well as, jigs in the deep areas and drop offs.
There is a speed limit on this lake, so ENJOY your outing.