The Venator Spinnerbait by Molix is built with a "tapered" stainless steel wire that triggers more vibrations from the blades and a thicker lower arm to give more strength when you need to swing fish into the boat! The hook is made with a heavy wire and is a higher quality compared to other spinnerbait hooks on the market. All of these features make the Venator one of the strongest and sought after lures ever built by Molix! The oversized 3D eye is proven to attract the fish and give a natural appeal to this lure. The skirt is made with "fine cut" silicone and features a real lifelike action typical of schooling baitfish. The wide profile blade used on the Venator also helps to increase vibrations even during slow rolled retrieves.
Mike "Ike" Iaconelli ,Pro Angler, explains his Ike’s Signature Series Colors:
- #18 Bogolu Dace: This color was modeled from the small minnow, chub, and dace forage species that bass love to eat! The skirt and head colors enhance the blade flash and vibration and cause the fish to react! This is a really versatile color that really shines in clearer water and stream and river situations!
- #19 Pummel Fish: This was based off of the classic black and blue color that is so effective in other type of lures like jigs and vibration jigs. The toned down black blades make this one really special! It is perfect for low light conditions and for fishing at night! It’s also a sleeper when fishing in extremely clear water!
- #20 Purple Sinsay: This color was taken from the fact that most bait fish forage species have a white and purple sheen to their coloration. Shad, Alewife, Herring, White Perch, Crappie, White Bass and many other types of forage have these same color attributes. This color is also an amazing color in rivers and tidal water!
- #22 Neon Charmer: This loud color spinnerbaits has been one of my favorite colors for many years! It has several applications. First, for extremely aggressive fish and spices like smallmouth or spotted bass, the bright Chartreuse blades act as an aggravator and trigger an impulse strike; especially when retrieved very fast! The skirt color and flat matte finish head make it a perfect match for many perch and panfish forage species that have a lot of Chartreuse and pale orange coloration. Finally, like Mud Vein, it’s also an amazing dirty water color and helps the bass track down the bait.
- #23 Blue Gill: This color was created to match one of the most KEY forage spices that bass eat: panfish, bluegill, sunfish, shell crackers and warmouths. The combination of blues, greens, and yellows in addition to the bar patterned head, make this a perfect match for all water conditions. This is a super versatile color that I love to fish any time I’m fishing around these panfish species!